Bryson DeChambeau Says He Doesn't Know Whether to Choose Golf or Content Creation

May 12, 2026; Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA; Bryson DeChambeau on the putting range during a practice round of the PGA Championship golf tournament at Aronimink Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-Imagn Images
May 12, 2026; Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA; Bryson DeChambeau on the putting range during a practice round of the PGA Championship golf tournament at Aronimink Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-Imagn Images
Professional golfer Bryson DeChambeau is questioning his future as a professional golfer after a disappointing performance at the PGA Championship. The two-time U.S. Open winner's latest comments suggest a potential shift toward a new career path.
The 32-year-old LIV Golf star spoke on Katie Miller's podcast on May 20 after missing the cut at Aronimink Golf Club last week.
He was direct about where his head is at. "I'm in that weird space right now; I don't know what to do, either: Content creation or professional golf," DeChambeau said. "I don't know what to do right now."
That is a major statement from a two-time U.S. Open winner. DeChambeau’s LIV Golf contract expires after the 2026 season, and Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund recently announced it would stop funding the tour after this year, news that DeChambeau said caught him by surprise.
Reports suggest LIV is exploring bankruptcy options while seeking $250 million from outside investors. At the same time, DeChambeau is reportedly pursuing a $500 million deal, a figure that may not be possible given LIV's financial situation.
DeChambeau has long considered YouTube as a viable career pivot. Speaking ahead of the LIV Virginia event earlier this month, he told ESPN he'd love to grow his YouTube channel threefold if LIV folds.
"I would love to do a bunch of dubbing in different languages, giving the world more reason to watch YouTube," he said. "And then I'd love to play tournaments that want me."
His channel already has over 2.6 million subscribers. His "Break 50" series, in which he attempts to break 50 on a golf course under specific conditions, has drawn celebrity guests including Kevin Hart, Stephen Curry, and Carlos Alcaraz.
DeChambeau chose not to speak to the media during PGA Championship week. The Katie Miller podcast marked his first public comments after a difficult major.
Bryson DeChambeau Criticizes PGA Tour and Raises More Questions About His Future
Even if DeChambeau wanted to return to the PGA Tour, his own words create friction. He has been openly critical of the direction the tour has taken.
"The PGA Tour isn't doing great either," DeChambeau said. "They've got the media. They've got everybody on the side that helps pump it up. But they're reducing field sizes, cutting employees and restructuring their business too."
His 2024 U.S. Open victory gives him major exemptions for the foreseeable future, meaning he can keep competing at the biggest events regardless of which tour he calls home.
Follow Club Golf for more.
Written by

Sneha Abraham
Edited by

Pulkit Prabhav